Friday, April 27, 2012

Blog Tour: Goddess Interrupted by Aimee Carter


The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter

SERIES: Goddest Test #2 
GENRE: YA Paranormal
PUBLISHER: Mira Ink
SOURCE: Review copy provided by the Publisher
FORMAT:  Paperback

Summary (taken from Goodreads):
Kate Winters has won immortality. But if she wants a life with Henry in the Underworld, she'll have to fight for it. Becoming immortal wasn't supposed to be the easy part. Though Kate is about to be crowned Queen of the Underworld, she's as isolated as ever. And despite her growing love for Henry, ruler of the Underworld, he's becoming ever more distant and secretive. Then, in the midst of Kate's coronation, Henry is abducted by the only being powerful enough to kill him: the King of the Titans. As the other gods prepare for a war that could end them all, it is up to Kate to save Henry from the depths of Tartarus. But in order to navigate the endless caverns of the Underworld, Kate must enlist the help of the one person whom she would really rather not meet. Henry's first wife, Persephone.



My Review:
I was so looking forward to reading this book that I picked it up in the morning and by the end of the day I was already done! This was more intense than the first one.
Kate and James are back from their holiday and everything seems to have changed. She's about to be crowned Queen of the Underworld but things don't go as planned, something happens and she finds herself forced to go ask help to the only person she never wanted to face.
There's lots of tension, action and drama, and I basically devoured this book as I was so much eager to keep up with the story until the very end.
Although Kate is ready to make decisions on her own, she is still very much insecure. I have to admit sometimes I thought she was whining a lot, but that didn't stop me from going on.
A few shocking moments, that left me back-stabbed like I'm sure Kate felt herself, but it was a great end-of-story.
I'm just so bummed that I have to wait until 2013 to read the rest!

Overall Rating: 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...